Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED HELP!(please read)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sf_wood, Jun 1, 2005.

1. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

so i'm in the middle of my suspension build up and need some advice.This is what i got. 6" tc front springs,ORD HD front shackles,2" tc rear springs with 4" ORD shackle flip, ORD crossover steering,ORD greasable bushings, bolt in steering brace,T-case mounts,body mounts,1" body lift , ford upper shock mounts, bilstein 5125 14" travel shocks. 1977 k10 350/465/205/d44 8lug/14b ff. Anyway this is my question?HAS anybody done the same upgrades if what shims did u use? I don't want to put it altogether just to have to pull it back apart to add shims to spring pack.Should i lower t-case crossmember?

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I don't have the same mods, so I can't suggest a shim to use. Adding shims after it's together isn't very hard to do though. Just tighten the u-bolts enough to hold the spring to the axle and set the truck down to see what shims you need. Put the shims in 1 at a time so the axle stays lined up. I wouldn't lower my t-case unless I absolutely had to. When you drop the rear it will tilt up the front, making the front CV angle worse than it already is. You will have to wait until you get it together to decide if you want to lower it.