Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help Please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Drey, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Ok guys I know this should be in the S-series forum...but that had little to no traffic so...
    In my 96 S10 Blazer, first off the SES light has been on week. Since I got it Last May I have put in:
    4 new O2 Sensors(it has 4 total)
    New EGR Vavle
    Fuel Filter
    Spark Plugs
    PCV Valve
    Airfilter
    and recently a new fuel pump was installed at a dealership after codes had been read
    All with little to no recorse. Ive had it...I hate Vortec with a passion but Im stuck with this thing so...here is what it does
    When I stomp on it from a stop or very low speed it studders, and damn near dies sometimes it makes a loud CLANK under the hood. But if I only go into the gas 1/2 to 3/4 throttle I get good acceleration...Any Ideas? I think these are characteristics of a lean running motor arent they? Im not sure. Im going to make an appt to get it scanned at a dealership again next weekend and see what is up. Any comments will be greatly appreciated thanks guys

(I knew I should of got the 91 K5 Blazer for 3500 instead of the 96 SBlazer for 5000)

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Ttt

3. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

you could possibly have dirty injectors.
    also , did they do a fuel test to see if there was any water in the fuel?
    did you change the cap/rotor/plug wires?
    also look into having the timing checked...

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had an S-10 blazer that died, sometimes under hard accelleration, sometimes if you hit a bad road. Took forever to figure it out. There was a wire under the drivers side carpet that had something to do with the fuel computer. It had worn and would short thr system.

The dealership must have recommended everything until a friend of mine with the same type of problem showed me the wire. It turned out to be a $.05 problem that plagued me for 8 mos.

Probably not your prob, but worth checking. The dealership had never heard of it at the time and scannind did no good, but that's been years.