Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help Please!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86jimbo, Oct 28, 2005.

1. 86jimbo

86jimbo Registered Member

I Have A 86 Jimmy That I Just Put A Dana 60/14bff With Disc Brakes In. My Master Cylinder Dont Like It. I Cant Find A Master Cylinder That Will Push Enough Fluid For 4 Wheel Disc To Stop This Monster. Please Help!!! Im Leaving For A Event Today, And Id Like To Run My Blazer.

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

mine had no issues with the swap. It would lock up the stock rear drums with little effort. When i switched to the disks in the rear it was still a little touchy so i now run an adj. prop valve in the rear.

Is you MC still good?
    Have you changed the stock prop valve?

3. 86jimbo

86jimbo Registered Member

I Was Told That I Didnt Need To Change The Prop Valve. I Have Used Many Diff Types Of Mc, Even A New Stock One

4. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Try making a piece of brake line to bypass the prop. valve just to see if it gives you more stopping power. It may lock them up, but atleast you will know if you need to put in an adjustable prop. valve

5. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I converted mine to disc. It seemed to brake fine until one day when I hit the brakes a little quick while flying down the highway. The rear locked up and it was pretty interesting for a few seconds. You might say the pucker factor hit an all-time high.... :eek1: I'm going to put the valve in the rear line and run a guage to each caliper just so I don't neet to worry about it again.