Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help please

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4bb, Jun 5, 2001.

1. 4x4bb

4x4bb Registered Member

I am an Art Director for Terminal Reality, a 3D video game company in Dallas TX and makers of 4x4 Evolution, Monster Truck Madness 1&2, and Cart Precession Racing. My team is currently developing a 2nd generation off road racing game, 4X4 Evo 2, for the Sony Playstation 2, the PC and the Xbox. We need good photos of a restored 69-72 K5. Would anyone be interested in helping us out. We will give you copies of the game and your name will appear in the credits under "Special thanks"! Please let me know If you are interested.

If you would like to see the quality of our work please visit http://www.terminalreality.com/ and click on the 4x4 Evo link.

Thank you,
    Brian Stevens
    - 4x4 Lead Artist

2. 2quicK5

2quicK5 Registered Member

Must the blazer be restored to stock, or can it be modified (4" spring lift, larger than stock tires and wheels, rollbar etc..)? I will try to get some jpeg files of mine to email you, or would you prefer bitmaps?

John

1972 K5 Blazer: 400 ci, 4 sp, 4" springs, 35" Tires

2000 Trans Am, A4
    11.97@114 mph

3. 4x4bb

4x4bb Registered Member

It doesn't need to be stock. I will need a clean shot of each side of the vehicle with as few after market parts as possible (such as wenches and bumpers. I will be using the photos to texture a 3D model. If you have a Warn wench covering most of the grill, I will have to digitally remove that. The truck will have a warn wench and other parts in the game but those parts are separate 3D objects.

4. 4x4bb

4x4bb Registered Member

Bumpimg this to the top

5. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

First, let me say that I love 4x4 Evo. I have a problem with it in that my DVD drive won't read the original CD (I have sent several emails for help but haven't received even a confirmation that the emails were received - Maybe your techs don't like Mac OS problems?). Any insight on getting a replacement CD that will work in my DVD drive so I can play the game on my computer?

I have a '72 Blazer that's stock ride height with 32" tires. Would that work for you? A copy of the game for a PC or PS2 wouldn't really do me much good, but if you release a MacOS version, I'd be on it like white on rice.

6. 4x4bb

4x4bb Registered Member

Yes You can have over sized tires and a roll bar but not a big wench that covers the grill.

I am going to need to know where you live. We will most likely fly out to you and do a photo shoot. I have very strict guidelines and need digital images.

7. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

i am interested in helping, but where do i e-mail the pics to? is a 8" lift with 38s too big? what about a custom grill? the body on mine is all stock. please let me know.

8. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

hows mine look? I can get more pics too!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/rw/Jo/og/t488200.jpg>http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/rw/Jo/og/t488200.jpg</A>

9. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I'm in California, about half an hour south of San Francisco (12 minutes from SFO). Given a little advance notice, I can likely get at least one other Blazer that's different from mine for the shoot.

10. 4x4bb

4x4bb Registered Member

Please send me an email to brian@terminalreality.com

I am looking for somone close to Dallas TX! I can fly to you but time is short.