Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help please!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JohnnyFres, Jul 4, 2002.

1. JohnnyFres

JohnnyFres Newbie

well I still have a major vibration, I mean really bad and sounds like it is getting worse by the day. Anyway I was wondering if a tranny mount would cause this? what other then the u joints would cause such a bad vibration?

Today when I shift from Park to Reverse I hear a loud clunk and when I shift from Reverse to drive I hear the same thing wtf is going on?

I cant drive over 45 now cause theres just way to much vibration im afraid my tranny is going to fall out lol.

Please help
    Trans is a turbo350 with a b&m shift kit.

Thanks

2. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

Re: Trans Mounts?

check your adaptor for cracks or see if its broken,when mine broke it shook the whole truck like a cement mixer

3. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

Re: Trans Mounts?

just realized I posted this under the wrong user /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    ttt

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

U-joint, probably the rear.

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

check your front driveshaft's constant velocity joint. could have bad ujoints in it and the whole thing could be coming a part. thats what mine was doing till i recently discovered this. mine was doing the same thing. i couldnt even make 30mph without alot of noise and vibration. the cap on mine was totaly missing. better get it checked out professionaly a.s.a.p.