Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help........please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RabidC, Jan 8, 2003.

1. RabidC

RabidC Newbie

1989 Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4.......just rebuilt the drivetrain 350 TBI/ 400 turbo..............took the motor .030 over, cam, etc. The problem is in the factory computer. The computer is staying in open loop and is dumping way to much fuel into the engine. What I am looking for is a programable performance chip to replace the stock chip. I tried a couple of places with little success, can anybody out there steer me in the right direction or have any other suggestions on how to get around this problem. Any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated........thx /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

check out www.thirdgen.org. There is a lot of TBI information on there, I also believe there are some links on there to companies that will custom burn you a chip for your truck.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

the loops are pretyt much controlled by operating temp, i would test temp sending units and make sure are working, they like to fail and while youre at it id unscrew the AIC valve and clean the tip of it real good with carb spray cleaner which should be routine maintainence= if you already havent done so.

thirdgen site is definitely good place to find out about MPFI, TBI and TPI systems ! im fast68 there since i have an 82 t/a and 88 bird currently anmd have had a couple Z28's and another firebird in the past year or so.

good luck

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

cant you just go with a heated O2 sensor? wouldnt that set it into closed loop? i just understand the theory...never done it.
    Ryan