Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help Please

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Green71, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Green71

Green71 Registered Member

My Friend has a 1993 k1500 pickup with the 350tbi 460Le auto trans. His truck wont start unless he presses on the gas pedal while starting. Its never done this before. When it does finally start, it runs rough. I was thinking maybe clean the injectors, new fuel filter, timing? Need some help on this one guys. thanks for all the help! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

yeah id say its in the fuel system somewhere could be the fuel pump which is intank mine went bad but it did not crank. Could be fuel filters, mabey even the com but i doubt the com would do that but freaky stuff happens. Try fuel lines and stuff for now could be clogged injectors! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif check the fuel pressure(with a guage b/c while crackin a line is easy to do you could set the truck on fire) to see if its pumpin the fuel. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Poss TPS{throttle position sensor}might cause this.Has timing been adjusted recently?Friend had intake off his and it acted sort of like that till base time was set correctly.Check for vacume leak.Injector may be letting pressure bleed into engine,causing it to gas flood little.I'd start with vacume and work toward others.Hope it helps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

i replaced the TPS on my truck a while ago but it was only lockin transmission down to soon and wasnt kickin down to 2nd gear when steppin on the gas. Try spraying starting fluid around on the intake while idling to see if the engine rev's up to check for a intake leak. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net