Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help quick pls!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Oct 6, 2001.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have pictures of their carriers from their 14BFF axles? I just pulled the carrier from a "spare" 14BFF, and an trying to figure what type of carrier I am looking at. I can't see any spider gears... so maybe its not an open carrier?[​IMG]

Could anyone please help me out here? I was told that the gear is a 4.10, and I need to figure out how to verify that as well... so if anyone happens to know the tooth counts and the ring and pinion, please let me know that too...

Thanks all!!![​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=red>Just give me a tank, and point me in the right direction!</font color=red>
    <font color=blue>DONT MESS WITH AMERICA!</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s

2. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

Check the numbers that are stamped on the ring gear,there should be a 41-10 somewhere...if not just post the numbers.As far as not being able to see the spider gears,sounds like a gov-lock to me,throw it very far away!!

chevrules...always has and always will

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

The carrier is coned shaped on one side, and has 3 pairs of holes (6 holes total) which I can see a clutch band through.

The other side looks like the carrier that came out of Steve's 14BFF in his <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gearinstall.shtml>14-Bolt gear Install</a> write up. Steve, do you have a Gov-Loc in your truck?

<font color=red>Just give me a tank, and point me in the right direction!</font color=red>
    <font color=blue>DONT MESS WITH AMERICA!</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s

4. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

That's a Gov-Lock.

chevrules...always has and always will