Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED HELP QUICK..TBI NOT WORKING *Update, it started*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyracing, Mar 9, 2003.

1. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

1988 Chevy 1/2 ton
    350 TBI

Ok, we just changed the fuel filter, it was bad. We still are not getting any fuel to the TBI. I checked all of the connections and they appear good. There is not any noise comming from the TBI. (no Clicking) If I pour fuel inside of it the truck runs for a second so we have ignition. I pulled the input line off the back of the TBI and fuel is pumping to it well.

Is this the ECM? If it is how much are they?

Thanks,
    John

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Re: NEED HELP QUICK..TBI NOT WORKING

So your getting fuel to the TBI but at what psi? I don't know if that would matter or not.

Eric

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Re: NEED HELP QUICK..TBI NOT WORKING *updated*

okay, we got it to fire finally. I took a paper clip and put it in the diagnostic lead under the dash between the two prongs that were side by side. Turned the key on for about 30 seconds. The computer did all sorts of wild things. All of a sudden there was fuel and wham-o, it fired up......... WTF!!!

It is running good and strong now.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. We will take it for a trest ride tomorrow to see if it stays running or not.

John