Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED HELP QUICK>>> TIRE OPPORTUNITY!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by StiffRide81, Sep 20, 2002.

1. StiffRide81

StiffRide81 Registered Member

Hey, I have a buddy who has almost BRAND NEW
    Super Swamper TSL size 39.5x15.5x15 And it includes those nugget rims. He is willing to sell me the whole set mounted, balanced and all for $900. I have an 81 K10 with a 4"suspension and 3" body lift... I am willing to saw zall my fenders and hack things... but I need to know if these babies are going to fit. How much cutting do I have to do to my truck to get them to fit???????? Is it worth it????
    IF NOT, where can I get a good deal on those tires.. by good deal I mean less than 230 bucks each!
    PLEASE HELP.. thanks!

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

if you're still running ten bolts i'd say don't bother. those axles will never hold those tires.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Id say that all depends on what kind of wheeling you do and if you plan on upgrading the axles. Everyone has told me my 1/2 ton d44 and 12 bolt would crumble with anything bigger than 36's on them. I beat on the thing w/ 38's and I haven't had any problems. I'm also not a throttle jockey (unless I'm in the mud of course! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ). If you do mainly mild stuff and not a lot of real hard technical trails, then you might be ok for awhile. But eventually all things mechanical will fail or at least need preventative maintenance.

The short answer is yes, you can make them fit with 7" of lift and trimming. The trimming could get extensive though. I know guys that have had to trim a lot off the front fenders and even off the rear. The question is..how much are you willing to trim to make them fit?? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

look in both links in my sig. 39.5's with 6" lift.

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

900 for rims and tires is a good deal, provided that these tires are fairly new, i got cheap rims, 67 apiece, and 39.5's (btw im gonna be running 7 inch suspension yes theyll fit with some good trimming) My final bill for the rims and tires was $1500