Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help quick!!!!(tonight)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Jun 21, 2001.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

Im lifting my blazer right now, and running into a few problems. First, whats the best way to put a axle in(14ff)? Next on the front shackle of the rear springs, how do u get a wrench on the backside of it, to hold the nut while loosening it?> Tried every thing and cant get a wrench in there. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Put tires on the axle and roll it. The wheel is your friend.
    Offset box wrench from either the top or bottom gets right to those bolts on the spring hanger. Open end should get on it from the top.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    Grim-Reaper

3. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

thanks ill try that, should i attach the spring to the axle first or not? Also, any other suggestions?

4. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

tried putting wheels on it put car isnt high enough for wheels to fit under and cant lift it any more. Any other suggestions? Does anyone know the size of the bolt on the backside of the hanger, and any other ways to get the nut off? Otherwise i need to buy some more tools. If anyone can help, feel free to call me anytime tonight at 336-766-0933. and ask for kyle

5. DaveDave

DaveDave 1/2 ton status

if you have a grinderor a saw , cut the bolt on each side of the spring.

6. DaveDave

DaveDave 1/2 ton status

if you have a grinder or a saw, cut the bolt on each side of the spring.

7. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Grim is right about the wrenches. The nut is a 7/8". I always use an open end to get to it. As for the axle, I made a small cart that has casters on it so I can roll the axle around in my shop, as well as under the Blazer. Floor jacks also work well if you can't put tires on it.

BIGJ

8. 1bad82k5

1bad82k5 1/2 ton status

As far as moving the axles goes, if you have another person helping you, put the axle on a floor jack. Put the jack under the pumpkin, and each of you can grab a drum and roll it under the truck on the jack. This method worked great for me when i swapped my axles last weekend.
    eric

Hell, it don't really matter....it's just for my race car.