Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help Removing a 96 Yukon Coil

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Nitrodrip350, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

OK I have gotten almost everything out of the way that I could see stopping the removal of the external coil and it is still held in solid with the bracket that it's bolted to? So far I have removed two nuts that I thought the bracket was attached to and a rear nut but it didn't loosen anything up? Is it bolted in the back above the Dist.?
    I see that the new one has a nut and bolt on it and the stock one doesn't but the stock one on the rig has what looks like two "pins" for a lack of a better word in both the holes. Do these need to be pushed out? Frustrating little thing .... also it's a 96 5.7 Auto if that matters at all?

Thanks, Shane

2. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

Well I got it fixed, for reference there are another set of bolts under the main bracket. This will release the main coil bracket then the coil is riveted to the bracket /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So they have to be knocked off with a chisel. What a PITA! Either way it is fixed .....

Later, Shane