Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help removing rotor questionsss

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigboy, Dec 16, 2005.

1. bigboy

bigboy Registered Member

How to do I get the rotor off and back on I need to change the rotors on both sides and I do not know how they come of like getting the hub and **** off.

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

If you've never done it, you'd be wise to purchase the $10 Chilton or Haynes manual, they outline this procedure fairly well.
    Generally speaking it's something like this:
    Remove wheel, remove auto or manual hub, remove lock ring tang, use special 4wd socket avail at any auto store to remove lock ring (or rings if there's no tang), pull outer hub/rotor assembly off.
    Very generally speaking, there lots of little stuff here.

3. trikstark5

trikstark5 1/2 ton status

Remove the locking hub cover and locate the lock ring that locks the hub into place. Remove the lock and the snap ring on the shaft. Slide the hub assembly out. Using a 4 wd socket (4 point for 1/2 ton or 6 point for 3/4, 1 ton) remove the first nut. Pull the locking washer out and then remove the next nut with the same socket. After removing the second nut, the hub and rotor should pull off. Do a search for installation

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

K if its 4x4 and you need to replace the rotors, do as the others said to get the hub/rotor assembly off then you need to press the wheel studs out in order to separate the hub and the rotor. if you need more info i'll be glad to elabirate. just let me/ us know

5. bigboy

bigboy Registered Member

Thinks guys I got it off. I did not see the other lock ring thats why it would not come off.