Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help shipping from the East coast...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MaxCrack, Aug 2, 2001.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

There are two, count them two, high pinion F@rd Dana 60's on ebay. There are two problems with each of them. They are both on the east coast, and neither of the current owners are willing to ship.

One is in Thomasville,NC http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593867460&r=0&t=0

I want one. I am looking for one or more of my K5 brothers to help me out. First (if possible) to check out the items in question and second, If I win one of the auctions, would someone be willing to pick it up, crate it and put it on a truck? I can arrange shipping and pay for it from work, but that is the easy part. I can not be there to do the rest. I will pay you for your work.

If anyone might be able to help, please send me a private message so that I may get in touch with you in person. And keep you up to date as to the outcomes of the auctions. I'm not desperate for one yet, since I still need wheels and tires, a gas tank, shocks, and a custom ORD doubler, but I'm getting damn close.

That's because I'm the devil.

2. ScoobyDann

ScoobyDann 1/2 ton status

El Paso, TX (Far West Texas near Las Cruses
    1. ford front axles have the pumpkin on the driver side
    2. fords have 5 lug

if you're not putting this on a chevy than disreguard the post butif you are you're gonna have some problems. just my $.02

Danny

sun desert offroad http://community.webshots.com/user/scoobydann

3. ScoobyDann

ScoobyDann 1/2 ton status

El Paso, TX (Far West Texas near Las Cruses
    my bad, i thught you said dana 44. but still the pumpkin is on the wrong side

sun desert offroad http://community.webshots.com/user/scoobydann

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Dana 60 would be an 8 lug, but the pumpkin is still a problem

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

5. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Pumpkin's not a problem. I have a F@rd np205 and when I get the axle, I will order a custom doubler from ORD so's I can put the F@ord 205 onto my Chevy 203 and hook up my F@rd dana 60 (just like Stephen). heheh

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

You planning on running $1000 worth or coil over shocks also? Cost Frisbie something like $3k to make it work on his truck. Ford axles will not bolt to leaf springs. They are set up for coil and radius arms So you either have to run what Stephen and Steve has or your going to have to put a pre 80 Ford front suspension under the truck. The Ford stuff you cannot get to flex as easy as the leafs so you probably want to go with the Racing coil over shocks.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>

Grim-Reaper

7. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

Using the early Ford Dana60 front axle in a GM is very possible using ORDs Doubler and a Ford NP205. The spring pad widths are just about the same, I have this set-up and think it will work slick. I used GM D-60 from the steering knuckles out so I could run the 35spline stubs/hubs but you could stick with the Ford stuff(1/2 wheel studs-5bolt spindles).
    Something I found out the hard way: Ford didnt use the D-60 front from 1980-86 but used the TTB or TBB something like that but the rotor/hub assembly from those will fit the Ford D-60 and it has 9/16" wheel studs.I took my left-over FD-60 steering knuckles,splindles etc. and put them on a GM D-60 and got the hub assemblies off an 80`s F250/350 for cheap money.
    I like most here have never been into Ford trucks and wouldnt even give them a second look while searching the junkyards for HD stuff but I do now because they did have a COUPLE good ideas!
    Hi-Pinion Dana60 fronts
    NP205s that have 32spline front output shafts and 31spline inputs(big bearing)
    And those dirt cheap long shock towers!!!
    RGF

8. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I realize he has the coil springs up front and that that set up is fairly expensive, so I won't be exactly like Stephen. But like RGF said, the dana 60's from '76-'79 F-350's and the occasional F-250's have leaf spring perches AND the perches are the same width as my Blazer's and they have the open knuckle and all that good stuff.

One of the axles is from a '78 and the other is from a '79.

Now, you people quit being discouraging and help me out! heheh

9. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>F150s has coils and radius arms, F250s and F350s had leaves. Why not just use a GM 60 and not have to change your transfer case? Where in northern Jersey is it? I live in that area and I never see any ford 60s for sale.</font color=blue>

10. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Well, for the doubler, I need an np205 with the big input (32 spline for GM or 31 for the F@rd) and I just happen to have a F@rd 205. I don't know where exactly in New Jersey it is, I havn't really had a reason to contact the seller yet because I did not know if anyone was over there, until now. I'll find out later tonight and bother you for help if your not too far from him.

See what this site has done to me. I never would have wanted the doubler in the first place if I had not found this site, much less F@rd parts for my Chevy. I have the right transfer case for the F@rd d60 which is not any more difficult to find than a GM dana 60 and now half of you think I'm crazy everytime I mention putting a F@rd dana 60 in Blazer. And that's not the only thing I want or have purchased because of this site.