Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help solving a brake light, turn signal problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Derf00, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I have been chasing a problem with my driver's side brake light. If the left turn signal is applied, the brake light won't work while the turn signal is operating, it will even stop the brake light from working when the ignition switch is off. Any suggestions?

2. FWP

FWP CRS

In GM's infinite wisdom /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif, the brake light power runs through the turn signal switch. Replace the T/S switch (plastic junk) in the column, and you'll be good to go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    In GM's infinite wisdom /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif, the brake light power runs through the turn signal switch. Replace the T/S switch (plastic junk) in the column, and you'll be good to go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YES,YES,YES...I spent a year chasing that same problem and it was/is the Turn signal switdh in the columm...

4. romanviii

romanviii Registered Member

I would definitely look at one more possibility. A bad ground. It happened to me. A bad ground can be like a ghost in the machine...