Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help. + test

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4 Cowboy, Feb 6, 2003.

1. 4x4 Cowboy

4x4 Cowboy 1/2 ton status

what do i need to do to see if i have a +. i have gone wheelin in it yet cause truck has been in peaces since i got it thanks

2. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure what + stands for, but if you're asking for a test to see if it has a "posi" diff simply jack the wheels off the ground and rotate on side of the axle by hand. If it has a posi the opposite wheel will turn in the same direction. If it has a non-posi the wheels will turn in opposite directions when one wheel is rotated. Of course this test is to be done with the vehicle in neutral and parking brake off. I know this will work for the rear axle but i'm not sure about the front.--Hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Most of time that works,but,sometimes a loose clutch type poss or guv loc will act like open diff till it has load against clutches.With hubs locked front is same as rear.Sometimes if brakes are tight the driveshaft will move instead of other wheel. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 4x4 Cowboy

4x4 Cowboy 1/2 ton status

ya sorry i meant posi. thanks ill try that. but i might have those clutches

5. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

light tem up see if both tires spin its not proff positve but it might help or you could take the diff covers off