Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help tranny problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by matto, Jan 3, 2006.

1. matto

matto Registered Member

i pulled the th 350 out of my blazer to change out the tourqe converter. when we got the new tq it wouldnt fit. it will not seet down all the way. the tourque conveter will fit on to the input shaft but we can not get it to seet into the two indents on the tourque converter. we are stumped. all help would be great thank you

matt

2. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

Ive just fiddled with mine and it eventually would go all the way in.

3. matto

matto Registered Member

we have tried that for two days now and it wont fit. i have no idea what could be the problem with it. maybe we are just impatient idk.

4. francis

francis Registered Member

well here is what I do. Take a phillips screwdriver and insert it into one of the bolt holes and turn it left and right staying at the top doing about half turns while at the same time lifting up and pushing in. If that fails spin the tc either way and while it is still spining use the palm of your hand and hit the hub in the center driving it in at an upwards angle. never use a hammer to get it in ha ha ha but its true