Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help: Trying to locate my father's old Jimmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kcze9159, Sep 14, 2000.

1. Kcze9159

Kcze9159 Registered Member

Need Help: Trying to locate my father\'s old Jimmy

Just looking around to see if I can find the whereabouts of my father's old truck, if it even exists anymore. All I know of it was that it was a 1980 GMC Jimmy 4x4, had the v-6 engine, was a std tranny with granny gear, had all manual windows, was charcoal grey with blue/grey/whitish seats that had the little pattern on them, and had the rubber mat floor. He sold it for around $100-200 back in about 1990-92 and the buyer either bought it later from St Martins gas station in Huntington MA or picked it up from there. I doubt anyone might know where it went but there is the off chance that someone might or maybe even the person who bought it could fill me in. I would like to know if it was later crushed or if its around somewhere as a parts truck or ???. I am trying to replicate that truck and would like to either buy that truck to rebuild or buy whatever parts may be left to aid me, but at the least I am hoping to learn what may have happened to it. Thanks.

2. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

Re: Need Help: Trying to locate my father\'s old Jimmy

The only way i can think of is run the serial# in at the BMV.Most likely you dont have them though......

3. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

you need the VIN #, then run a DMV search, see if you can find his old registrations or even the dealer that sold him the truck if it was purchased new. The dealer would have the VIN on file (I would suspect).....GOODLUCK....js

4. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

Send me the Vin # if you have it, and the last state it was registered in and I will see what I can come up with.

SUYO2051@aol.com

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Chevy put a V-6 in some 1980 blazers?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blaze- 350/350/203, 14B w/detroit, D44, 4.11s, 4" susp, 36" TSL

6. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.

Yup, just like they put possi front and rear, 12 bolts front and rear, and on and on........................

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

We had alot of mid 80 fleet trucks and blazers where I work that had v-6's. I drove an 88 blazer with a v-6 and passenger tires that I'd 4 wheel all over the boonies reading electric meters.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

8. Kcze9159

Kcze9159 Registered Member

Thats a good idea, for some reason I didnt even think of using the vin #. The only thing is that I'm not sure whether or not the DMV will give that info out or not? Scavenger, I appreciate your offer of help, I have the vin around, and alot of the other info too, my parents have the window sticker around still, I think its in the glovebox of the truck they bought to replace it which is where they stuffed the old registration and such after they sold the Jimmy. I'll get that to you as soon as I can. Thanks guys, and keep the ideas coming, I'm hoping that someone here might have even bought the truck

9. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

try this.....look for the DMV website for your state then try to put the VIN # in the site, you could get info. Or If you have a cop friend or relative have them do a search for the VIN, that route of info really pays dividends if you have someone on the inside.