Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help w/ emerg. fuel pump replacement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mofugly13, Dec 29, 2002.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Oct 6, 2002
    On friday on my way to me favorite huntin ground, my fuel pupm took a dookie. I was on the freeway but I managed to sputter my way to a Kragen. The only pump they had on hand for my blazer had 3 ports on it; the one on my truck had only two. But I needed it NOW as I was in the middle of my road trip! So I bought it and installed in their parking lot. The extra port on the new one is 1/4" and I'm ASSUMING it for a fuel return to the tank (what's the fuel return line's purpose in life anyway?) So I bought some 1/4" fuel line and teed it into the 3/8" line going to the carburetor. Is this gonna be OK or do I need to go to my friendly neighborhood Kragen, who has the right pump, and install one ofthose. I know its only like $15 but that dough could go towards the whole new exhaust that I need.
  2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Dec 15, 2000
    <font color="green"> I have a 3 port on mine and the third one is just plugged. It's run fine like that for years. </font color>