Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help w/ RockRod part

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LA91Blazer, Mar 25, 2001.

1. LA91Blazer

LA91Blazer Registered Member

Hay all!
    I ordered my RockRod befor I left town on a bussiness trip. When placing my order I requested the same set-up that Steve got, a complete rod w/ ends and both jam nuts. Well I called in to my office and had my shipping reciving guy open my package and check it out. Turns out they only sent the rod and stabilizer bracket, no ends or jam nuts. Now this is no great problem as I can get the ends anywhere thanks to Steve for posting the part #'s. My question is reguarding the passenger side jam nut. As I read it this part does not exist for the Dodge (pasenger side) end. Can I get this nut at a good parts house (I have lots to choose from here), or do I need to have it machined?

BlazingWolf

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BlazingWolf on 03/25/01 01:42 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Installed my rock rod last wednesday night...the thread pitch for the drivers side is 7/8th by 18. I tried the dodge end but found the whole deal a little to short for a K5 so i used the 85 K5-10 Moog tie rods and it worked just fine. And if you buy a drivers side tie rod from an 85 K5-10 it comes with the nut.

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

3. KING K5

KING K5 1/2 ton status

AZBLAZER,
    When you ordered your ROCKROD did you specify to Scott at Rockstomper that you were going to use the dodge end? if not, that's why it's shorter cause he didn't take into account that you'd be using a shorter rod end. When I ordered mine I told him I was going to use the Dodge end and he said in that case he'd have to make the rod longer to account for it.
    My .02 cents!
    Jeff

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Didn't order it from Scott...lol. Got it from Moose while standing in his garage. Worked out good though...the drivers side 85 K10 tie rod has a place to mount the stab shock.

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Call Scott back, he is a great guy and I am sure he would help you out...

Are you sure your helper didn't over look the nut? Mine was taped onto the side of the Rod!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>