Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help...What the hell do I do now!!!(911)!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by breyon55, Oct 1, 2001.

1. breyon55

breyon55 Registered Member

Went to hollister on sunday and spent saturday workin on my truck. Made an attempt to adjust the transfer case and it seemed to work fine. Well it came time to change the transfer case oil and the thing poured out about 5.5 quarts of oil..not adding the oil that was left after it went past the fill hole...so id say about at the most 9 quarts of oil. The oil was a purple color with a gold flake in it.....i swear it looked like that house of kolor chamelon paint....so i pulled the 2 bottom bolts out and drained the rest...i looked in my chiltons and it said add about 4.5 quarts...which I did..sealed everything up and went to hollister on sunday. on the way home it sounded like it threw a rod.....me not giving a damn and this being my excuse for a new motor i gave it some gas and it sounded worse.....i let it sit about 5 minutes and started it up again..NO NOISE....so i drove it about another 10 miles...hehe NEW MOTOR IS COMIN......it did it again....put it in N threw the t case in low and then back to high..started it up and made it home about 15 miles later.....the t case i have is a np203...does anyone have any advice on what this might be...transfer case....im tellin the g/f it needs a motor but if i can swing a new transfer case outta this deal too it'd be nice..thanks

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Why do you need to justify it to your girl? Unless you are spending her money, I asked my girl for $100 so i could get my drive shaft lengthened so i could take her to Pismo and Gorman, i think she would have done it if she didnt owe money right now.

My 73 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm>http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm</a> 350/TH350/NP203, Q-jet, Edelbrock intake, Vortec heads, 4" lift, and 36" TSL's

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Not sure on the rest of the story, but the extra oil that was drained -might- have been from the trans (auto or manual). When the rear seal on the trans "gives it up", it'll pump oil into the T-case, and therfore- overfill it. Overfilling the T-case is not a big deal, in my book, but running the trans fluid low IS a big deal. So, I'd check the trans fluid level and see if it's low. If you can, check to see if there is metal in the fluid. If it is, than thats -probably- the place to look at for your problems.

<font color=blue>Twiztid</font color=blue>

4. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

NP203 cases take 10W-30 oil. If the fluid came out looking purple than your rear trans seal is bad and leaked ATF into the t-case. Probably got some bad bearings in it now.IMO. Not up on the internals of the t-cases.

78-K5 4"Lift 35"Tires 400SB TH350 NP205
    73 Vega 350SB TH350