Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help wiring problems

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by the hulk, Sep 28, 2003.

1. the hulk

the hulk Registered Member

hey guys need help with my engine bay harness i got a new harness from ricks pick up part here in town it come already made up , nice but my problem is off to the side just above whare the new harness plugs in at there a old harness that comes throw the fire wall there like fire wire coming out of it not sure what they go to here a pic showing what im talking about /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

Uhhh I dont understand the end of the question. Take another pick pointing to where you are talking about.

3. the hulk

ok here is a new pic the wires in my hand run back throw the fire wall , when i pulled it apart i did not mark it i know im a dumbass , if anyone one know what thay go to pls let me know can find them in my wiring diagram in my shop maunel [​IMG]

4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    The brown prob. goes to the proportioning valve by the master cylinder.
    The large pink and the brown,blue and yellow might go to the external voltage regulator(if you still have one).

Is that a green or blue wire all by itself?
    Anyway I don't know about that one.

What year truck is it.The year does make a difference.

I looked in your profile.If it's the 72 blazer you list the white connector and the stand alone blue(or green,my monitor is crappy) might be for the TCS system.It was introduced in 71 as a emissions add on.There should be a pair of relays just to the right of where that harness comes out of the firewall.Most people have long since removed that emisions crap.

5. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Well I just looked at my TCS wiring I removed from my 71 Blazer about a month ago and the white connector is definitley part of the TCS system.

The single blue/green wire prob would have gone to one of the 2 relays that would have mounted to the right of where it comes out of the firewall.

The large red may have been the wire that energized the solenoid.The solenoid would have been mounted on the carb.

The brown wire is prob. connected to one of the 2 reays as well.
    All those wires are on the TCS harness I removed from my Blazer.

6. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

AHHHH!!!! I had all that crap on my blazer when I rewired it and was wondering what it was. I thought it was just a bunch of a/c junk. I feel releived because it sure looked like too many wires for the a/c. I guess the previose owner was smart enough to scrap the emisions junk.

7. the hulk

thanks guys for all the help thats what them wires are for the tcs , well i don't need any of it so its all gone now it looks better under the hood , thanks for the help would have never got it on my owen /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif http://members.cox.net/randyk72/