Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help with a 5 and 2 1/2 ton mil trucks..........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84CUCV, Sep 21, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Need info on a m35. It has updated turbo diesel. airshift front and p/s. the 5 ton I could not get to run. It is a M54. Could you guys tell me what kind of drivetrain is in it. to me it looks like bigger 2 1/2 ton driveline. Who makes the motors? What ever else you could tell me to look for or look out for. That would be great to thanks Mike

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The 5 ton has exactly that...5 ton axles.

What year is the rig or a close guess?

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

for 2.5t/5t tech, I suggest you try www.pirate4x4.com. There are some yahoos on that site... but they deal with military hardware a LOT on their message boards. Some of the site members are even bulk used military axle/parts suppliers etc. prolly be the best source of info... some forum searches on that site should yield all the info you'd need.

hope it helps,

j

4. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Thanks guys I will check that out. Mike

5. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

Hey Mike,
    Here's a link to my site: Steel Soldiers - Military Vehicles Supersite
    The server was down just a minute ago, but it should be back up soon. My site has been through a lot of crap recently /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif with my old webhost as you can read about on the home page. Most of my photos have yet to be re-uploaded, but 99% of the text information is there. There is also a Forum for military vehicles. There are about 25 members or so right now and most of them are real smart guys. I have a M35A2 w/ winch in my stable too, so I can probably help you out there, or know someone who can. Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Chris

6. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Try here M54

I'm not as familiar with the really old 5 tons. The 800 series are as far as my knowledge goes (and that's mostly from memory). Mainly 900 series around here (A1's & A2's). We still run a bunch of dueces (M35A2 and rebuilt ESPs M35A3/M109A4). FMTVs are coming /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Are you sure your duece has power steering?