Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help with alignment questions after lift install

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hunter, May 27, 2005.

1. hunter

hunter Registered Member

I just installed a 2.5" lift on my 89 Jimmy and it looks like the front tires are like \ / is there anyway for me to adjust for this on SFA?

I got the steering wheel straight by adjusting the draglink and had to adjust the pass side tie-rod end to get everything straight pointing forward but as I look at it now it seems like the front tires are like this \ /. Anyway is there any adjustment for this or did I screw something up? :confused:

2. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

get a tape measure..measure from the center of one tire to the center of the next tire in the front..write down that measurement, no go around to the back of the same tires and take measurements again, and write down..see how far your off..losen tie rods and turn until the two measurement are close, but you don't want them exact...its as simple as that..shouldn't have to re adjust the draglink but if you do leave the adjusting sleave loose, the drive down the road (not a busy road) see where you steering wheel sits, pull over get out turn the adjuxting sleave, and drive some more. untill you get the steering wheel straight, then tighten sleeve..i have done alignments for years, and when i got a big lifted truck with 38 inch or larger tires, the alinment heads wern't big enough to shoot the beam around the tire, so this is how i had to do all the trucks with the big tires..

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

just like above but need about 1/8"-1/4" toe in . this is / \ for the tires to center going down the road. it is about the only thing you can do on a solid frt end.

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

It sounds like he is talking about Camber not Toe In. If that is the case, it would be either the ball joints or a bent housing

5. hunter

hunter Registered Member

okay, its 68" cen to cen in front and 69" in back cen to cen

but it also looks like its kicked in at the bottom....kinda north/south ya know. Like when you jack up your truck and the tires kick-in....wtf?

how would I have bent the axle hsg?

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I doubt that you did, Check for slop in the ball joints