Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help with axle swap questions Dana 60, Corp14

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RutMareK5, Jan 31, 2005.

1. RutMareK5

RutMareK5 Newbie

Here’s what I need help with

Back ground: Blazer K5, 86, 454, 700R, 208, 3” suspension. 3” bodylift, 35 BFG ATs, Stock axles

Bought two Military Refurbs. Dana 60 Front Corp. 14 Rear

I was told that the Dana 60 will bolt (with New Shackles) right up with no mods. Except that I’ll need bigger than 15” rims or I’ll have to grind the cals. I was told that my stock drive shaft would bolt right in. Can anyone verify this? Are the U-joints the same? I’ll also need to replace the hubs due to the military version is FULL time 4WD engagement. Which is best Mile Marker, WARN, ?

The Corp 14 should be a FF but the first thing I want to do is change the drums to discs. I need to know of a good conversion kit that includes every thing but doesn’t cost an arm and a leg or one that doesn’t require parts from 10 different vehicles.

At this time all I’m doing is swapping the axles. I’m keeping everything else the same.

Thanks

RutMareK5

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Did you get the spring plates with that 60 front? You will need those. Your U-bolts will not interchange, but it will bolt right up to the driveshaft....

The FF rear will need to have the spring pads moved. For the disc swap I boought my brackets from Az-Kickin' and picked up the miscelaneous parts myself....This swap will require a conversion U joint, no big deal....

Welcome to CK5....It sounds like you are off to a screaming start on your K5 project....

3. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

for the rear disc conversion all you need is the brackets can get on ebay, or a few members here sell them, then go to the parts store and get rotors calipers and pads for a 78-87 3/4 ton chevy, and brake hoses form an early 80 late 90 chevette