Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help with camber!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wakedog, Mar 26, 2002.

1. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

My camber is really negative i think, if you are looking form the front of the truck the bottom of the tire is angled toward the center. How do i fix this, i just swapped knuckles cuz i broke the steering studs, i put fairly new balljoints in the knuckle and it was fine right after i put it on but now its is really angles in. I will get a pic up tonight.

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

That's called positive camber. Are you sure that the knuckles you put on are the same as the ones you took off? I have heard some stories about them being sligthly different either between old and new or between 10B and Dana 44, to give such a problem.

If it is off by only a little bit, you can get camber adjust ball joints to tweak it in. But if it was straight to begin with and now really cambered, maybe something broke? What do you mean by "fairly new balljoints"?

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

The bottom is tilted out or is the top tilted out? Are you sure the adjusting sleeve is adjusted correctly?

4. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

The top is tilted out, i bet the adjusting sleeve isn't adjusted correctly. Capt, could you help me adjust that sometime??

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Not a problem... I'm not sure when. You could either run it up my shop on saturday evening or if you don't have big plans on sunday mid-day I could come take a look

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Factory specs for camber calls for it to be set to positive .5 - 1.0 degrees.

Thats the tops of the tires out. (sounds goofy, I know) I'd set it up- so it's straight-up, for a good flat tire contact patch.

Defenitly not negitive,