Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help with engine

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dutterback, May 30, 2000.

1. dutterback

dutterback Registered Member

I just went out in my blazer and started it. As soon as I put it in gear it died. Now all of the sudden it is doing this every time it is in gear and idling. In park it seems to do fine, it just dies every time I put it in gear. I took off the air cleaner and it looks like the injectors are putting out good fuel. Anyone got any ideas as to what it might be? I hear the fuel pump in the tank come on every time prior to starting. It is an 87' with a 350 tbi.

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    When was the last time you replaced your fuel filter? Tune up? (to include timing?)

Plus that truck is getting pretty computer controlled by that time. Is it throwing codes?

Corey
    88K4

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. dutterback

dutterback Registered Member

I got a fire call a couple hours after I posted this. I started it and ran down the highway at about 80 mph for about ten miles. Now the engine seems to be doing fine. I dont have a clew what was wrong, but I hope it doesn,t happen again. Thanx.

4. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i think you need a tune up.
    but remember engines sometimes need a good push for about 10-15 minutes (i.e floooooooooor it!!!!). to remove carbon deposits and junk.
    look at it this way, a good sprint for you every now and then is good.

Knife.