Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help with heater

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvyblzr1977, Dec 4, 2004.

1. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

Im finally gettin my 77 blazer back on the damn road and i ran into another problem so im turning to the experts(all of you).I got a new blower motor for it from advance auto a couple of years ago.When i turn the heater on the motor,it snt spin in the blower motor.Do you think a wires is messed up could it be a blown fuse or could it be the motor itself.Let me know thanks so much

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well I'd get the cheap 12 volt test light at the Advance/Auto zone or whichever and check at the blower motor wire for voltage. It looks kinda like a clear handled screwdriver with a wire entering the handle and a sharp tip. It can be used for soooooooo many other checks as well. That way you can start there and work ya way to the source of the voltage on the blower as well as other circuits. Personally I use an old buzzer with alligator clips on both wire ends so I can contort myself under the dash or wherever and hear or not hear the buzzer and not have to try to see the test light come on. IMO

3. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I agree with dontoe it can be something as simple as a ground or blown fuse...........