Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help with jb conversion sye....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jp0863, Nov 17, 2004.

1. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i'm installing the sye and in the directions it says to remove the bearings from the main drive sprocket, which i did. now when i put the sprocket on the new shaft there is about an 1/8 inch gap where the bearings should be. it seams the bearings should still be installed on the new shaft to keep everything from moving around. and of course as usual, noone is answering the phone at jb conversions and i'm still waiting for a reply from them.... anyone know what the answer should be? do i reinstall the bearings or do what the instructions say?

2. Lomax

Lomax Registered Member

Jason
    Our earlier SYE's utilized the needle bearings. We now use the non-bearing design that NVG has adopted since 1995. Apparently the earlier style shaft was mistakeingly packaged with your kit since it is undersized for your sprocket. I can send a set of needle bearings to you or I can exchange shafts with you (later type - no bearings needed). The bearing number is 5020 and common to brands such as INA or HK. If I am on the line helping someone else when you call; you will get the answering machine. If this happens you can leave a phone message or even send an email. Let me know which option you want to take in correcting the fit issue. Sorry for the mistake - John , JB Conversions, Inc..

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

once again awsome that you make a post on here, i would absoultly get one of your kits for my 241 if i wasent saving up for a dubbler /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i put it back together with the bearings that came off the old one as that was all i had. i think i'll replace them prior to puting it back together. thanks for the response on here!