Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help with my monitor

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CammoK5, Apr 5, 2004.

1. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

Hey yall. The monitor on my computer seems to have gotten darker all of a sudden and the color is real crappy. I turned the color and brightness controlls on the monitor itself all the way up and it still seems pretty dark. I looked around in the computer settings a little but couldnt find anything that looked like it could help. Do yall know of anything else that might have been toyed with to mess it up?
    I'm not too computer smart, I apologize. The monitor says Compaq Presario on the bottom left and MV400 on the lower right. I think it's windows 2000.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Monitor or video adapter/card might be crapping out on you, there's no real fixing either besides replacement

My moniter is having little flickers every day or so pisses me off.....

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

your monitor is going out on you mine did the exact same thing and i hooked up another monitor and it hasn't done it since

4. FWP

FWP CRS

You could take the back off the monitor case, and turn up the screen pot located on the flyback. In english, there's a knob that should say "screen" on a little (2"x2" or so) black plastic transformer with a thick red wire going to the back of the picture tube. There's also a "focus" adjustment there too. Turning up the screen will wash it out a little, but that may get you by til you get another monitor. BE CAREFUL if you do this, the red wire going to the tube has about 20,000 volts on it...it will stay charged up even if the monitor is unplugged, so again,be careful. HTH

5. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

Thanks for the help. I was hoping that it wasnt something like that. Oh well, guess it's off to the store tomorrow to see what monitors go for these days. Thanks again yall.