Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help with my PC.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stallion85, Sep 26, 2005.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I had to reload windows xp on my laptop and cannot find my driver disk. So basically alot of the programs are not working. Is there anything I can do or do I have to take it in to get repaired :doah:

Basically my sound cards are not showing and wireless internet is not there either.

Rest assured I got the internet working though so I can surf CK5 :D

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

If it's a Dell, go to Support.dell.com, go through "Small Business", and you should be able to enter your service tag number, and select "Downloads", then "Go". Choose the drivers you need, download them, then install them, pretty simple.

Other manufacturers will also have the drivers available for download on their site, but Dell's I find to be the most convenient. Go to the manuf.'s site (i.e. hp.com), and look for a link that says "support" or in HP/Compaq's case, "Drivers". Then you'll probably have to enter your machine model and surf around a little to find the drivers. Still a pretty easy process.

Good luck!

3. stallion85

Thanks Ratch. It's an HP BTW :crazy: What a PITA!! I will check it out when I get home tonight :wink1:

I loaned out my driver cd when I was in Iraq, I guess I forgot to get it back :doah:

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Lemme know if you have trouble, my company just started using HP's exclusively. If your's is a business unit, I can probably get a downloadable ISO copy of the driver disk for ya, too. :thumb:

5. stallion85

Well, it's a laptop. About 2 years old. I would just go and get a new one, but the money is kind of tight right now. The crappy thing is my wife is taking on line courses at the Community College and we NEED the PC to work right :doah:

She just got a job, so that helps a little with the $$ thing :wink1: