Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help with my rancho 4in lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DALE, Jan 12, 2001.

1. DALE

DALE Registered Member

hey everybody today is a great day i just back from picking up my truck from getting my 4in rancho lift put in,but the problem is the guy at the shop said he could not get the inner shocks to fit (quad shocks up front) the part # 9001.are these the correct ones? also my front stabilizer did not fit. the part #5404.is this the the correct one.also the shop never put in the transfer case lowering kit. do i really need it. please help. i just got off the phone with desart rat where i got all my susp parts and i checked with the guy there and he said that i had all the right parts.he could't understand why they didn't fit.i have the rancho 9000's.***** now the license plate on my 90 blazer fits perfect RIDNHI

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

A lot of people with the front quad shocks say it rides a lot better with just single shocks up front anyways. I can't imagine why they wouldn't fit though.
    If your truck does not vibrate when you drive it you don't need to lower the T-case. That is just a fix for poor driveline angles.
    No idea on the stabilizer, mine must be 10 years old.

Rene

[​IMG]

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I think you have the correct part #'s. When I originally did my lift I put the quad shocks on. Don't waste your time putting them on, you don't need them. That probably doesn't make you feel any better now that you have them, but the ride will be 100% better without them. If you really want to put them on, it will take a little time, patience, and a few new words, and a BFH will help.

4. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

on the transfercase you will have to lower it the thing wont vibrate so much it will howl its really annoying ,remember to adjust the linkage also running quad 9000s 2 have to go upside down and the listed ones dont fit they have to be measured to fit or theylle be to short .

88k5 silverado w4"lift soon to have <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.56s

5. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Dale,

By any chance are you located in AZ? If you are, what part of the valley? I may be able to give you some help. Also, go back into your profile and fill it out.

GOT ROCKS?

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Dale

THe stock shocks on the front a real skinny for the dual shocks....as other have said it is a stiff ride with dual shocks on the front.....but if you want them invert them....

I don't have my book for the Rancho shock for the Stabilizer....

I haven't lowered my t-case in 4 years......I've been thinking about ting it to see if there is any difference.....

If your in the East Valley, let me know if you need a hand.......

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

7. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I had Quad shocks.....I run singles.....rides better....

89 Jimmy headers built 700R Auburns Molys 4:10 4" 10B/12B Con-ferrs 10" Rallies 33" BFG Muds Alpine/Fosgate

8. DALE

DALE Registered Member

hey guys thanks for the help.if i put in the trans case lowering kit i think the front drive shaft will hit the exaust, what should i do???????????

9. DALE

DALE Registered Member

adjust what linkage?????????????????????????????

10. DALE

DALE Registered Member

THANKS FOR THE OFFER, BUT I LIVE IN DANBURY, CT

11. coopertwpk

the front drive shaft will hit no matter what you need to have it lowered for about 50$ they just cut and curve it down ,the transfer case needs to be lowered just put the spacers between the frame and cross member ,the transfer case linkage then needs to be recentered otherwise it will jump out of 4high

88k5 silverado w4"lift soon to have <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.56s

12. DALE

DALE Registered Member

don't you think my lowering kit will work better, the one i got from rancho then using the spacers???????????

13. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

How do you go about recentering the linkage??? I'm going to be lowering mine on tuesday and thats the first I've heard about it?? Thanks!

Dawson
    88 K5

14. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

What did you Rancho loweirng kit come with?

Dawson
    88 K5

15. DALE

DALE Registered Member

my rancho trans case lowering kit came with 4 spacers and nuts and bolts.do i put 2 spacers or 1 on each side in between the fram and crossmember. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

There should be 4 bolts holding up your T case crossmember right now along with spacers and nuts replace the old bolts with the new ones and put the spacers in-between the crossmember and the frame. Did you adjust your linkage?

Dawson
    88 K5

17. DALE

DALE Registered Member

hey dawson44 how do i adjust the linkage please walk me through it

18. flcpl4fn

flcpl4fn 1/2 ton status

yes, how do you adjust the linkage. i had mine lifted and droped the tranfercase, but didn't know about adjusting the linkage and mine does jump out of 4hi

'85 Jimmy in Jax, Fl

19. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I wish I knew how do adjust it, but I don't, I am going to be lowering my T case on Tuesday and I need to figure it out. I am sitting here with my Haynes manual, which covers how to do it, but I'm still clueless, maybe someone else can help??? I also have heard you need to adjust the linkage with the tranny if you have an auto, anyone have any input???

Dawson
    88 K5

20. coopertwpk

Ok on adjusting the np 208 I shifted it into 4hi then 4lo to see the distance off ,had my wife sit inside to watch the shifter to see when it was centered then adjusted it more with it running you can feel the center of the shift points especially 4lo once it was centered it aligned inside right and wont jump out of gear anymore.