Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help With My Welder

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by Drey, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Its a Hobart Handler 180. I havent welded any thing with it yet but my dad has and he said it works great. But we have a problem. As soon as you turn on the gas it is purging it out of the gun constantly.

It should wait until you pull the trigger, then go but it just goes all the time, whether your feeding wire or not.

I checked my manual. There was nothin in the troubleshooting section about it.

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Might wanna check out the wiring and see if the solenoid is stuck on. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out really. The gas system should be fairly simple.

3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

if its not what is mentioned above could be a leak past the diaphragm in the regulator possibly......hmmm, although it would probably leak even if it was not on, but I would still check it.

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

sure it's not supposed to do that to cool the tip and does it on first power as a default?

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Dad tore it apart the other day and there was a chunk of rubber stuck in the silinoid not allowing it to close. We couldnt figure out where the hell it came from either.

Anyway it works perfect now