Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help with parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buffblazer, Mar 11, 2005.

1. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

I want to get a grille guard for my k5 to put some lights in and i was wondering if there is a magazine or website that has parts for blazers. i know all about LMC but i want cheap stuff. is there a scrap yard or somthing that i can order out of? i saw a pic of a rear bumber with the tire mount and it was great, but i dont want to pay 600 dollars for it so can you guys help me out i need good (but cheap) parts for my blazer it needs lots of work.

2. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

Ever looked at the CUCV grill guards. Those go fo less than $100 on ebay all the time

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Close to me there is a place called "certi-fit" (not sure exactly on the spelling) but they sell all sorts of cheap (read=taiwan) parts.

I bought a grille from them because GM had disco'd them, and I won't say I was impressed by the grille, but for $20-something dollars, the little bit of trimming I had to do (nothing you could see, just to get the bowtie to fit) it was well worth it. I don't see any difference between it and the factory one, short of the bowtie not fitting exactly right as sold.

Perhaps they are located all around the country, I'm sure this isn't just one shop.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

We have them too

There is a "certa-fit" place near me a few towns away too--(I dont know if the spelling is right either!)--but I've bought stuff from them thru the junkyard I worked at,they carried their line of body panels and taillights-thir sheet metal isnt that bad,its fairly thick gauge,but the body lines arent always accurate--its hard to make them look perfect--good for a beater,but not something you'd want on a show truck....their prices are hard to eat though--65 bucks for a door shell and 35 for fenders last time I checked 6 months ago for 73-87 trucks!..

They also sell complete tail light assemblies for cheap money--I got one for a lady that crushed her caravan's driver side tail light for 65 bucks brand new!---the local dodge dealer wanted 150!!--even a used boneyard one was 75,but no one had one--they sell bumpers and radiators too.,just about anything "crash" related...:crazy:

5. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

thanks i will look into this