Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help with passenger floor

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by Icemanf4i, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Icemanf4i

Icemanf4i Registered Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I have a 88 k5 that needs the passanger floor replaced directly under the passenger seat . the current floor has stress cracks around the bolt holes and after trying to weld them i just dont trust it . if i get the parts from LMC truck which ones do i need im a bit confused. also is there a way to reinforce the floor so the seat doesnt flex the metal over time and crack again?
  2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Jun 13, 2003
    i'm about to remedy the same by removed that whole seat area and replace it with 1/8 plate steel.... i was just gonna put some 1/8 around each hole area but decided it was just better to do the whole section on both sides... sexier too.. :wink1: shouldn't need backing plates either, just weld a nut/washer setup on the bottom....

replacement panels will be sketchy as far as covering all 4 holes.. the front pieces suck and will only cover the front 2 holes.. not sure how far forward the back panels go up (i haven't bought those).. not to mention the sheetmetal is cheesier than the factory stuff...