Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help With PowerPoint (Problem Solved)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mosesburb, Jul 25, 2006.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am having a problem opening a .ppt file for my wife. I downloaded and installed the viewer from here at microsoft. It said the installation was completed successfully, but when I try to open the attachment that she sent to my email account, I get an error message saying: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

I do not know what I need to do to create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

Any ideas??

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

If you right click and go to open with is power point one of the open with options?

3. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nope, not an option, Allan. I did figure out what the problem was though. The magic box has an issue opening the .ppt file out of Outlook Distress, so I saved it to My Documents and it opened fine. When opening from My Documents by right clicking, the option does exist to open with PowerPoint, which it does well. Unfortunately this oprion doesn't exist in Outlook Distress. I did manage to find a fix for the problem here. Now it works as it should and can be opened directly from Outlook Distress. What a PITA.....

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Ahhhhh. I love happy endings!