Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help with suburban purchase? PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gmcjimmy88, Apr 12, 2005.

1. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

I am looking at 1993 GMC Suburban. It has 208000 miles. It is 2WD which is fine by me (if it was 4 it would end up looking as bad as my beat up jimmy). Interior is almost perfect no rip no tears. Has the third seat. Tilt wheel, cruise, front and rear heat/a/c, towing package, running boards. It has manual windows and door locks. The exterior is almost perfect as well. Has a little bit of rust starting at the lower doors. The guy is asking $3400.00 for it. I plan on using it as a tow vehicle for my jimmy and a slight DD. Do you all think it is worth the money. I realize that KBB and NADA both say it is worth $5000-$6500. I know that I may be looking at a motor or a trans in the near future (the guy says the trans. was rebuilt within a year but no proof). The Exhaust, Brakes, and radiator was replaced in the last year. It is an automatic just so you all know as well. The tires are matching and half tread. Also it is a clear title. Please tell me what you all think and what problems I might be looking at and what I need to be looking for. Thanks

2. stano

stano 1/2 ton status

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Seems a little high to me. 208K is a lot of milage for that year, add the door rust and I think you could do better. That would be a little high even in my neck of the woods (San Francisco), and everything is overpriced around here.

My vote - keep looking.

Eric M.

4. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

I went on ebay and did a search and most with the same mileage not in the same condition are asking the same some more. Thanks for the advice though