Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help with the wifes car, quick question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Feb 23, 2006.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

My wifes 99 Bonneville has kind of a wobble in the front end at low speeds. I just jacked the car up and removed the tires to check out the drag links. The turn real easy with a pair of pliers, is this a sure sign they are shot? The alignment was done a few months ago so I have ruled that out. Heres a pic,

Thanks

DSC01067.JPG

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

pretty good sign, are the greased?
    also if they are wore out, good luck getting them off, is a pita when the joint spins and you cant ge the nut off
    the minis are shot thats how i know

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

that should be fine if they wobble side to side. need to jack it up with the tire on it and shake at 9 and 3 oclock, then at 12 and 6.

looseness at 12 and 6 would indicate a bad hub bearing or ball joint. most likely a bad hub bearing, as the balljoints seem to last forever.

the bonne inner cv joints have been known to wear out and cause bad vibes when accel. same for engine mounts. start pullin an' prodding on anything you can get your hands on.

4. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

When turning or just straight??

5. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

FYI, well I decided to rotate the tires since the fronts were in bad shape and the rears were almost new. They were this way when I bought the car, just never got around to rotating them. Well wouldn't you know it, it drives nice and smooth now. It wobbles a little in the rear so I went and bought 2 new tires to replace them. Thanks for the help, hopefully I can sell it this weekend :)