Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help with Tranny Cooler lines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin Ed, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

Tommorow I'm planning on installing a tranny cooler on my '88. Of the 2 tranny lines going into the radiator which one should I take off and run through the cooler?

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i would plumb it on the return line. less pressure, it will get cooler in the radiator (which obviously also has the water, so it stays pretty hot) then to the exteranl line to cool it off much more.

3. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

Forgive me! How can I tell which one is the return line? Is it the bottom or top line going into my radiator or something I can check coming out the tranny?

4. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

The info you need can be found at this page on TCI Automotive's Website. They have cooler line info on most transmissions there.

Since this seems to be a common question, I just posted the link so others can look for their trans setup, too. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif