Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help with trans problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Gary 86 K5, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Gary 86 K5

Gary 86 K5 1/2 ton status

Since I got my Blazer it has been shifting early. Today I adjusted the TV cable and it was fine. Well I drove it home from work and parked it and tonight when I left to go out, it was shifting early again. Then later in the night it was shifting normal. What could cause my truck to intermittently shift early??? I'm kinda lost here as to what the problem is. Could it possibly be the TV cable intermittently coming out of adjustment?? Thanks for any info guys!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

old cable and the end is sliding? or the cable is streching? is it full of fluid? my tranny slips like a MOFO when i drive it the first 300 feet. its going into the shop on monday and getting the tranny rebuilt. all new internal wear parts and seals, along with a trans go shift correction package. all for teh low price of 105 bucks /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Gary 86 K5

Yeah I'm thinking it has to be something with the cable. The fluid level is fine and it doesn't slip at all. I'm gonna screw with it tomorrow and see what I can come up with. $105 for a trans rebuild /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif not bad at all!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i work at a local shop when he needs my help, and i never take any pay /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. i just accumulate hours for things like this.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Gary 86 K5

good deal!! well my trans didnt shift early once today, i put about 100 miles on it too, so i guess it just fixed itself or i was imagining that it was shifting early last night /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif