Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help with Vortec 350 built.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73deville, Mar 15, 2007.

1. 73deville

73deville Newbie

Jun 28, 2006
    Hi everybody, I have 1973 chevrolet Deville that was assembled in South Africa with a V8 engine and a THM350 tranny, it is a version of the Australian HQ Holden and looks like an Elcamino van however it is a sedan. Well I now have a Vortec 350 5.7l L31 engine that come out of the 1997 4door 4wd Chevrolet Tahoe with all the wirings, computer box and so forth. In fact I have the whole donner vehicle with me. I now want to put the engine alone in the Deville but want to keep it fuel injection. How can I go about it to keep it fuel injection and put it in the vehilcle that never had fuel injection system. Have any one done such a conversion before and can someone please give me the details of how should I wire it? Is there someting that I can use to delete or cancel some of the function that I wont use in the ECU? Well this vortec engine come from a vehicle that had no EGR and no O2 sensors and no catalyst convertors too. Thanking you in advance and forgive me for such a long testament.:confused:
  2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nov 14, 2005
    I can say that you'll have to fab up your fuel system to meet the requirements of the L31 fuel setup, and if you do a SEARCH for Vortec engine swap it should net you many results to peruse through.