Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help with wiring

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by conoverbandit, Sep 22, 2003.

1. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

I need a wiring diagram......actually 2.I have a 75 cheyenne super 10 pick up, originaly it had a 6 cyl. in it so I think it had the "idiot" lights,the fella I got it from put a tach dash in it from an unknown year. The problem is nothing works right, the temp gauge "moves" when the switch is all the way over(cranking) then goes "dead" when motor starts, the tach don't work although the fella told me he had it working before I guess I just ain't found the right wire yet, Alt gauge works..........backwards.When I crank it it shows like 13-14 volts but if I turn the lights on they are very dim, if I "goose it" the gauge goes all the way below 9 and the lights come on bright.THe only thing that actually works is the oil gauge and that's only cause it has a line direct from the motor to it.I'd like to get this thing working like it supposed to, but I'm getting aggrevated at it, anyone have a dash set with the idiot lights? I'd much rather have the gauges, and have a few sets with the fuel gauge being where the tach is now.....maybe I should try one of those?? Any help is greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifThanks

Conoverbandit

2. grunt11b40x

grunt11b40x 1/2 ton status

Aftermarket gages is the quick fix for it