Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help! wont start!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big75jimmy, May 16, 2003.

1. big75jimmy

big75jimmy Registered Member

I recently rebuilt the 350 in my '85 ,got it put in, wired up, etc. and now it wont start. It has spark, and is
    getting fuel, cranks over like normal, just won't start. Did I do something wrong? or? need help

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Well, if it's getting spark and fuel, it must not be getting spark at the right time. Check the timing/rotor location once more.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I recently rebuilt the 350 in my '85 ,got it put in, wired up, etc. and now it wont start. It has spark, and is
    getting fuel, cranks over like normal, just won't start. Did I do something wrong? or? need help

[/ QUOTE ]

bet the distributor is 180 out. common problem after a rebuild. When you put the timming chain on with the dots on the gears facing each other your not on TDC Yes the # piston is TDC but it's not on the compression stroke. Lift the distributor up and spin the motor one turn back to TDC and drop the distributor back in. Set timing about a 1/4 inch before #1 on the distributor. Should fire right up.