Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by waterboy, Jul 31, 2000.

1. waterboy

waterboy Registered Member

i just bought an 85 jimmy diesel and my dad has fallen in love with it and me being only seventeen it is always at his house because thats where i like. he said he wants a blazer or a jimmy but he wnts a diesel and he wants the last year they made a diesel did they make a diesel in 91 any information would be helpful thank you

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I would imagine that a diesel was available as an option in 91. It would have been a 6.2(same as your 85) and most likely would have been paired with a 700r4 OD transmission.

Is your 85 your first diesel? If so, there are a couple of things you should know about your 6.2. Let me know if you need more info.....

3. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Blazer first had the diesel engines availble in 1982 and had em all the way till 1991. Hey Can, I am planning on getting a diesel blazer and know nothing bout 6.2s. I would like some info on them.

<font color=red>CHECK OUT MY SITE</font color=red>
    http://blazer-jimmy.coloradok5.com

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

What kind of info are you looking for?

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Yes, the K5's had the option of the 6.2 diesel until '91..... I have a '90 with the 6.2, 700r4 combo. However, after about '86 the diesel option seems pretty rare as I have yet to find another '87 or newer diesel Blazer.