Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KILLERK5, Jul 22, 2002.

1. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

I can't get my Blazer started. It's not getting fuel. I checked the fuel pump and the filter and they are both fine. I was told to check the EST controll, the distribution module, and the magnetic pick up coil. I don't know what any of these are. I looked through my Chilton's manual and I can't find anything about them in there either. If you know what and where these things are, you would be helping me alot! Thanks ahead of time!!!!!

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

pull off the fuel line that goes into the TBI unit and see if it squirts out fuel. then, go from there.

NITRO

3. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

When you turn the key forward do you here the pump whine?

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

The module and coil are in reference to the distributor. Pull a plug wire, ground it to the block with a screwdriver and have someone start the motor. Check to see if the screw driver throws a spark (leave a small gap between the blade and the block). If not, it is an electrical problem. If it does spark you have a fuel delivery problem

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Just remember, TBI needs 45 psi or it won't work. A running pump doesn't mean it has pressure. good luck and let us know what you find.

6. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

WHEN I TURN MY KEY TO THE ON POSITION I DON'T HEAR MY FUEL PUMP?IT TAKES ABOUT 4 SECONEDS FOR MY TRUCK TO START? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

7. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

The fuel pump is new, I changed it only about 3 months ago. It works, but it could be weak. I haven't ever been able to hear it though, even when it was running. I also have spark from the coil to the distributer, but I haven't had anybody else around to help check from the plugs. Now by battery is dead so I have to find a charger before I can do anything else. Well thanks for your info!! You guys have always come through with everything that I have ever asked! You guys are the S...!!!!