Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by santana, Jan 14, 2003.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I own a 88' k5 and recently was involved in a front end collision and the frame was damaged. I really like my Blazer and my question is, How difficult is it to change out the chassis? I also need to replace entire front clip, pass. door, transfer case and tailgate window and windshield. Anyone with some knowledge to give me some advice greatly appreciated.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

With that kind of damage, you might be better off to get a different Blazer. You might be able to find one without a motor for cheap and just transfer over parts from your victom. How do you feel about older Blazers ??? I noticed a late 70's K5 on ebay without a motor for pretty cheap.

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I'd like to stick with the same. mine is got a complete new interior, and tranny is 5 mos old. Do you think I should get another one and just switch my good stuff over or is it cheaper to just repair this one? Thanks for your input..

4. zap275

zap275 Registered Member

Too Bad on your damage. I agree with z3pr and find a donor vehicle and switch over parts. Best of luck to you, only this time make it bulletproof so that your truck comes out the better of the two in a crash. hope that doesnt sound bad. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif