Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Crunk_K5_1984, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Crunk_K5_1984

Crunk_K5_1984 Registered Member

I have an X-military 84 Blazer (6.2L Diesel, dual alternators), I have minimal electronics, not even a cigarette lighter (to power lights, not smokes) and I need to hook up my system (MB Acoustics 1000W amp, 2 MB Acoustics 12" Subs, and 2 MB Acoustics mids) and I need to know the best way to power it. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I also need advice on where/how to mount my CD player, and where would be the best place to put my subs and mids. Thanks in advance.

Leave your Ford at home this trail is for real trucks!!!

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

If I am correct you are running a 24 volt system, you are going to have to find a way to get that down to 12 for the car stereo electronics.

The best place for a CD player would be where the factory one is mounted. Put the mids in either the doors or the kick panels and mount the subs firing rewards off the tailgate.

Hope that helps some.

3. Crunk_K5_1984

Crunk_K5_1984 Registered Member

Is it possible to tie in to only one of the batteries/alternators, or do I need to get a reducer???
    Thanks for the help.