Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Oct 14, 2003.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I need to get my blazer into my garage. The tranny is shot, and I don't know if there is enough left in it to pull it up the driveway (kinda steep). I need someone who doesn't give a crap about their front bumper...or some who has a kick @ss front bumper to push me. It would be nice if the bumpers somewhat matched up so I don't get my front end caved in so I'll get a measurement tonight. If anyone can/will help out, a cold beer or few are on me! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I'd be happy to. I get off work at 4:30 Mon-Fri I could stop by on my way home from work. Let me know. I live in Orchards.
    T-roy
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Very cool! Thank you! I am in the Hazel Dell area. Since they put in Padden Pkwy, I'm pretty close to you. How does Thurs. afternoon sound? I'll pm you my address. If you can, great, if not, I understand /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I might be able to help thursday...What time???? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Sure...shoot me your addy and I'll roll over directly after work. I'm off at 4:30.
    T-roy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Id give ya a boost but I have no steering box. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

lol, it prolly wouldnt work to well anyway, my front bumper is a lil higher than ur rear bump (afaik) and the kma has a little lip on it that just says "use me to push a rig only if u want its tailgate dented". /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I'd help ya if you could wait for the weekend........all you need is one good rimless tire to use as a cushion between the rigs and it should work. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

T-roy how does 5:00 sound? I'll pm you my address.

The tricky part will be that I need to back it in, so my front bumper is going to be the push point. I'll have to see if I can round up a crusty tire to use as a cushion. Unless you have one laying around??

'fumes - yer more than welcome to help out. A spotter is ALWAYS a good thing to have!

To everyone else - THANKS for all the offers! This is the biggest part of why I like this site so much! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Amen brother, I've met so many cool people on this site. I have a tire we can use to push with, unless you want me to destroy your front bumper so that you'll have to have me build you one...( /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifJust kidding... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif).
    T-roy

10. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Hint, get a piece of pipe, with the I.D. big enough to slide a chain down through. When chain is through, replace the hook, and tie both hook's [on opposite end's] to each vehicle, pipe can't slide anywhere. Kind of a redneck u-joint affair. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i have used the method that don mentioned to push my f-150 up our drivway whith my luv. It works perty well.

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

cool idea! I had never heard of that before. I'll keep it for future reference /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My truck runs and the tranny may catch with a slight tug or push, but you it'll be nice to have a rig there to help get me up the driveway. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T-roy..If you have an old tire kicking around, that would be great. I thought I had an old spare tire we could use, but I gave it away /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I aint gonna make it dood, I'm sick as a dog... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

14. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

If you need I could help too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I got a mean bumper that takes moving trucks around pretty good and a couple of ratty tires for cushion. PM me if you want another hand.

We used to move our big yellow around during the build up with a similar bumper, got good enough at it to even put it on the trailer a few times without brakes or steering /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the offers of help. T-roy and I got it in easy. Actually, when I fired the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif up, the tranny caught and I lurched it into the garage before it decided to let go again /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I did have a 2 foot wide puddle of fluid on the floor as soon as I shut it off though. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I think that was the last bit of oomph it had left! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I am going to try to yank it out and get it back on the road this week. So if anyone feels like getting all greasy, let me know! I won't turn down help on this one! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif 1 car sux...
    Thanks for swinging by T-roy!