Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need honest opinions on what my truck may be worth.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Jan 13, 2006.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I have been seriously contemplating selling my K5. I simply don;t have the time to take advantage of it. Here is a list of what has been done to it and let me know what you think it may possibly be worth on the market. All mods have been done in the past 2-1/2 years with less than 10,000 miles on all the mods.

-1987 K5

-Swapped in rebuilt sm465/np205 (205 with 32-spline rear and 30-spline front outputs). 205 with saginaw flange-style front output yoke

-Hydro clutch with LUK ProGold clutch

-Rebuilt 1992 454 TBI motor with FT pistons, decked head and block, H-beam rods, GMPP truck-torque cam, roller rockers, yada yada...motor is STRONG and runs great. Thorley Tri-Y headers, dual 3-inch pipes, no cats, Flowmaster 50's and turndowns.Has fuel mods such as vacuum referenced fuel press. regulator on 92lb-hr injectors. Factory serpentine setup.

-14bff with precision 4.56 gears, Detroit, discs, Crane diff cover, MOO shock cross over.

-Dana 60 with new SRW hubs, rotors, capilers, new 35-spline inner and outer shafts with Warn 35-sp. lock-outs, DETROIT, rebuilt kingpins, ORD x-over, ORD 1.5" 3/8" wall tie rod, crane diff cover, Rockstomper hydro assist, custom gates hydro hoses with swivel fittings, rebuilt 2wd steering box new bearings and seals throughout

-ORD 4" shackle flip and TC 2.5" springs in rear

-ORD HD front shackles with TC 6" springs

-Greaseable poly bushings everywhere

-SS braided brake hoses front and rear with Wilwood adjustable prop. valve mounted in rear line

-37"x12.5" MT/r with 75-80% tread left mounted on 15x10 Bart wheels

-Full Autometer UltraLite instrumentation (5" tach, 5" 160mph speedo, 2-5/8" water temp, oil press, fuel level, voltage)

-Mechanical Autometer SportComp fuel pressure gauge mounted on hood)

-The body is rough, rusted tail pan are and cab corners are the only rust spots. Still lookes sharp though

-and of course, power windows and locks :rolleyes:

So what do you think??

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

ill give ya $10 for it :p:

its tough to say, different locations have different price ranges. around where i live that thing may go for a lot more than where you are. around here there arent many k5s.

where i am maybe $6k even with the rusty body since its got so many add ons. if you wana get more money, part it out, you'll make a ton more than in whole form

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

$25 if you'll deliver. :D

4. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

As sweet as that truck is, i'm guessing $4500-$5500 max for it. Just my honest opinion. If it were mine, i'd consider parting it out to make a little more.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I think you need to keep it until I get back from North Dakota and we will go "take advantage of it". You got a bulletproof drivetrain and we need to go throw some bullets at it.

If you do sell it it will be worth more in pieces but I would be very sad to see that truck go to pieces. If you do decide to go that route call me first. Daddy needs a D60 among other things. If you can afford to keep it around I would. You will be real mad at yourself after you sell it.

Once I get back from ND I will be wanting to hit some of the local trails and those trails won't be to hard for your truck but we will have a damn good time. I might even let you keep the sheetmetal straight. :D

Harley