Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need ideas for moving a K5 body and frame

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by djohnsn, Sep 5, 2005.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I have found a K5 body and frame that I am interested in, but there is no point in even looking at it unless I have a way to get it home (probably a 2 hr drive). It is just the body and frame. I need some ideas for getting it loaded on a trailer and unloaded once I get it home (I don't have a spare set of springs, axles, wheels and tires to bolt on for the move). Any suggestions?

2. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

maybe get some big boys and flop it onto a trailer if bodydamage is no concern

3. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

If it is on a hard surface use two floor jacks. If it is not use thick plywood and two floor jacks. Jack it up around the front of the door area under the frame, drive the trailer under as far as possible. At that point lower the truck, put one jack under the front of the truck (on the trailer) and the other in back and push (may need a 2x4 from frame rail to frame rail to steady it but it has worked for my in the past.

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Use a cherry picker to lift the front end high enough to get the trailer under it. Once the front is on the trailer lift it with a rolling jack. Then lift the rear of it with the cherry picker and roll that biotch onto the trailer.